For the styled shoot I'm sharing today, my location and theme inspirations came first from the outfit. On a recent visit to NYC (Post here), having already shopped till I'd dropped, I ventured into Michael Kors on 5th Avenue - right next to the Rockefeller Center. This was, in three words: a bad idea!!!! Knowing me, I should have avoided it at all costs as I was 110% certain that I'd come out with something! But how can you not - gotta love a bit of Michael Kors! ;) So, to cut a long and expensive story short, I set eyes on this gorgeous silk waistcoat, which was my muse for this session. 

I knew from the start that the rest of the outfit would need to be simple, as I didn't want to take away from the gorgeous colour and design. And because of the cut and texture of the waistcoat, I decided to go for a gypsy approach - hence the huge gold hoop earrings!


So, for my location, I went against the Dubai grain and choose an old, traditional area, unlike the rest of the modern city. I was inspired by a shoot I'd seen in Harper's Bazaar Arabia (Can't find it online, will double check the photographer and post up later), taken down by Dubai Creek, and decided to have a go there. We actually arrived a little later than we should have and evidently had a race with the sunset - as you can see in the first picture! Nevertheless, I was pleased with the outcome - it was a fun evening just walking along the Creek side and finding interesting spots for poses.

Style tip: When it comes to jewellery, I'm more of a minimalist. I prefer big statement pieces than lots of intricate bits i.e. I'll usually go for a pair of huge earrings or a chunky necklace, but never both at the same time. Too much going on means that all the best details are missed!

Top: H&M
Jeans: Bershka
Waistcoat: Michael Kors
Shoes: Zara
Ring: H&M
Belt: Mango
Earrings: H&M

















0 comments:

Post a Comment